Research Interests: Climate change economics, Environmental Economics and Agricultural Economics
Seminars and Workshops
17th- 19th April 2018: Attended and made a paper presentation during the 1st Annual International Conference 2018 held at Machakos University. The paper was titled Climate Change and Maize yield in Kenya: An Econometric Analysis. The theme of the conference was: Harnessing Scientific Research, Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Development. The paper was presented under the Sub Theme: - Agriculture, Food Security, And Agribusiness for Community Transformation.
19-24th February 2018: Attended and made a proposal presentation during Methodology and Scholarly Writing Workshop held in Harare Zimbabwe. The presentation was titled. Discursive Contestation of the Political Economy of Hawkers in Nairobi’s Central Business District: A Conceptual Metaphor Analysis
- 20th – 23rd July 2017: Attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Jinja, Uganda. Theme for the seminar: “Education for Life, Education for Development: changing Approaches in A Changing World”
9th December, 2016: Attended and presented a paper in the 33rd Kenyatta University
Postgraduate Seminar in Kenyatta University, Nairobi. Paper title: Effect of Climate Variability on Output and Yield of Selected Crops in Kenya
- 20th – 23rd February 2014 Attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Arusha, Tanzania. Theme for the seminar: “Nature knows no Borders- Natural Resource Management in Regional Perspective”
- 10th-11th SEPTEMBER 2013 – Econometrics and Statistics Workshop on Panel and Time series Data Organized By Department of Econometrics and Statistics Kenyatta University
- 1st – 4th AUGUST 2013 attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Nairobi Kenya. Theme for the seminar: “communion in African Communities”
- 21st-24th MAY 2013 participated in a TOT workshop on integrating HIV and AIDS into the ART courses in the university curriculum. Organized by Aids Control Unit Kenyatta University
- 23rd – 25th November 2012 Attended Annual Seminar of the KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA) held at Kampala Uganda. Theme for the seminar: Towards East African Integration: Regionalization as a New Space for Social and Economic Change
- 26th – 27th July 2012: Econometrics and Statistics Workshop held at Kenyatta University
- Tindika, O.K.N., Wanjau, K.L., Kariuki, G.M. and Muchiri, J., 2020. Moderating Role of Environmental Dynamism on the Relationship between Opportunity Evaluation and Growth of NGOs in Kenya. Expert Journal of Business and Management, 8(1), pp.98-109.
- Kariuki, G., Njaramba, J., & Ombuki, C. (2020). Maize Output Supply Response to Climate Change in Kenya: An Econometric Analysis. European Scientific Journal, Volume 16(3),63-83.
- Ndeveni, O. K., Wanjau, K. L., Kariuki, G. M., & Muchiri, J. (2019). Entrepreneurial opportunity discovery dimensions and growth of non-governmental organizations in Kenya. International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), 8(5), 18-26.
- Kamunzyu, B. I., & Kariuki, G. (2019). Effect of financial literacy on employees investment decisions at Kenya Ports Authority, Mombasa Kenya. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 6 (2), 640 – 657.
- Kariuki, G., Njaramba, J., & Ombuki, C. (2018). Climate Change and Maize Yield in Kenya: An Econometric Analysis. Proceeding of the 1st Annual International Conference held on 17th-19th April 2018, Machakos University, Kenya
- Kariuki, G. M. (2016). Effect of Climate Variability on Output and Yields of Selected Crops in Kenya (Doctoral dissertation, Kenyatta University).
- Kariuki, G. M. (2009). Economic feasibility of live fences: a case study of farms surrounding Kakamega forest (Master’s thesis, Kenyatta University).