Dr.Mugendi is a lecturer in the school of Economics, department of Economic Theory. He obtained his Bachelorof Arts degree in Economics from Egerton University, masters of Arts in Economics from University of Nairobi and His PhD at Kenyatta University. Currently he is the school of Economics coordinator at Kitui campus. He has over 10 years teaching experience, teaching in the department of Economic theory, applied Economics and econometric and statistics department.
Dr. Mugendi is an expert in both Micro and Macroeconomic Theory, his main area of interest is international economics, specifically foreign investment, domestic firm’s productivity and poverty reduction in the country where he has published a lot and presented papers in this area. He has also been heavily involved in supervision of both masters and PhD students in the school of economics.
- Mugendi, C.N. and Ocharo N.(2015), Labour Diversity and Domestic Firms Productivity, International journal for business and social science, 6(7) http://ijbssnet.com/journal/index/3191
- Mugendi, C.N., Gachanja, P.M. and Kiriti N.T.(2015), Ownership characteristics and Domestic Firms productivity in Kenya, Journal of economics and Development, 3(3), http://ijbssnet.com/journal/index/3191.
- Mugendi, C.N., Gachanja, P.M. and Kiriti N.T., Muchai, D (2015): The nature of Foreign Direct Investment spillovers effects on domestic firms in Kenya, International journal for development and sustainability. International Journal of Development and Sustainability, 4(7), 840-859. http://isdsnet.com/ijds-v4n7.html
- Mugendi, C.N and Njuru S.(2016): Determinant of Foreign Direct Investment Spillovers on Domestic firms; A case of Kenya’s domestic firms. Journal of Business and Economics Policy, 3(3),http://jbepnet.com/journal index 2245 September 2016.
- Mugendi, C.N and Njuru S.(2016): Foreign Direct Investment Spillovers on Domestic firms; A case of Kenya’s domestic firms. Journal of economics and development studies . (Publication is in the final stages of publication)